Megan King, APRN
Megan King received her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Family and Child Sciences at Florida State University in 2011. She then went on to obtain her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of North Florida in 2012. She started her career as a registered nurse in an intensive care unit in Jacksonville, Florida. She went on to practice as a registered nurse in intensive care units all over the country as a travel nurse. Megan has over five years of experience as a registered nurse in cardiac, neurosurgical, medical-surgical, and trauma intensive care units.
Megan went back to graduate school and received her Master of Science in Nursing from Chamberlain University in 2017. She is licensed as a Family Nurse Practitioner in the state of Nevada. Megan moved from Florida to Reno to join our team at Sweetwater Pain and Spine. She is excited to join our team and assist us in improving our patients’ quality of life by managing their pain symptoms via a multidisciplinary approach.
In her free time, Megan enjoys exploring the Reno-Tahoe area, hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, and traveling.
Dan Brady, PA-C
Dan Brady received his doctorate in chiropractic medicine in 2000 from Palmer West Chiropractic college. Even after gaining education and experience in musculoskeletal care, Dan still had a desire to expand his medical knowledge. He wanted to further assist patients with their pain management needs. Dan went back to school and received his Masters Degree in Physician Assistant studies and received his license to practice medicine in 2014.
Dan Brady now practices solely as a Certified Physician Assistant in the specialty of Pain Management at Sweetwater Pain and Spine. His goal as a medical provider is to help his patients return to what they enjoy as quickly and safely as possible.
During his free time, Dan is an avid outdoor enthusiast. He enjoys playing tennis and golf. He also enjoys biking, hiking, snowboarding, and spending time with his family.
Arlo Schenk, APRN
Arlo Schenk received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from University of Nevada, Reno in 2008. He later went on to receive his Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Degree in 2014 also from the University of Nevada, Reno. Prior to receiving his degree, Arlo worked as a Firefighter on the Ruby Mountain Hotshots. For over six years, he served as a crew medic who administered care for traumatic injuries for his fellow firefighters and patrons throughout the area.
Throughout his professional career, Arlo has trained in a variety of settings ranging from mental health and acute psychology to Pediatrics and Intensive Care. While working in a number of intensive care units, Arlo acquired advanced critical care skills. Arlo continued to magnify this advanced training by becoming a Professor of Nursing at the Orvis School of Nursing. As a professor, he taught Critical Care Skills to the undergraduate nursing students.
Today, Arlo works as a Nurse Practitioner at Sweetwater Pain and Spine. He is an strong asset to our collaborative team of providers.
In his free time, Arlo enjoys being outdoors and spending time with his growing family. He loves to hike and explore the Northern Nevada area. He is also a beekeeper and sells his own local honey.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Certified in “Basic Life Support” through American Heart Association.
- Basic Training in the Introduction to Basic ECG Interpretation
- Certified Training in 12-lead ECG Interpretation
- Certified Basic Training in the Care of the Cardiovascular Surgical Patient
- Certified in the use and general function of a balloon pump
- Served on the “Core Measures” committee at Northern Nevada Medical Center. While serving, NNMC improved its core measure compliance by over 30%, based on the ideas and programs rolled out by him and his fellow committee members.
- Arlo was elected by fellow students to the Admission, Progression, Student Affairs committee, and served for four semesters. This committee reviews student appeals in regards to the school of nursing. Such items include, but are not limited to, admittance, resume education after missed time, requests to exempt classes from the requirements, and so on.
- Volunteer for the Orvis Nursing Clinic’s immunization day, giving immunizations to patients ranging in age 6 months to 81 years old.
- Nominated for a Northern Nevada Nurses of Achievement Award in Critical Care 2/2012 and 2/2013.
- Nominated for Employee of the Year 12/2011 at Northern Nevada Medical Center.
- Given the “Silver Star” Employee of the Quarter at Northern Nevada Medical Center 3/2011.
- Voted to receive “US Air Force Outstanding Student Salute Award” by fellow nursing students 12/2008.
- Won the Nevada State High School Photography Competition in 1999, placing 5th nationally.