Megan King, APRN
Megan King received her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Family and Child Sciences at Florida State University in 2011. She then went on to obtain her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of North Florida in 2012. She started her career as a registered nurse in an intensive care unit in Jacksonville, Florida. She has practiced as a registered nurse in intensive care units all over the country as a travel nurse. Megan has over five years of experience as a registered nurse in cardiac, neurosurgical, medical-surgical, and trauma intensive care units.
Megan went back to graduate school and received her Master of Science in Nursing from Chamberlain University in 2017. She is licensed as a Family Nurse Practitioner in the state of Nevada. Megan moved from Florida to Reno to join our team at Sweetwater Pain and Spine. She enjoys improving our patients’ quality of life by managing their pain symptoms via a multidisciplinary approach.
In her free time, Megan enjoys exploring the Reno-Tahoe area, hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, and traveling.
Arlo Schenk, APRN
Arlo Schenk received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Nevada, Reno, (UNR) in 2008. He later went on to receive his Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Degree in 2014, also from UNR. Prior to receiving his degree, Arlo worked as a Firefighter on the Ruby Mountain Hotshots. For over six years, he served as a crew medic who administered care for traumatic injuries for his fellow firefighters and patrons throughout the area.
During his professional career, Arlo has trained in a variety of settings ranging from mental health and acute psychology to Pediatrics and Intensive Care. While working in a number of intensive care units, Arlo acquired advanced critical care skills. Arlo continued to magnify this advanced training by becoming a Professor of Nursing at the Orvis School of Nursing. As a professor, he taught Critical Care Skills to the undergraduate nursing students.
Today, Arlo works as a Nurse Practitioner at Sweetwater Pain and Spine. He is an strong asset to our collaborative team of providers.
In his free time, Arlo enjoys being outdoors and spending time with his growing family. He loves to hike and explore the Northern Nevada area. He is also a beekeeper and sells his own local honey.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Certified in “Basic Life Support” through American Heart Association.
- Basic Training in the Introduction to Basic ECG Interpretation
- Certified Training in 12-lead ECG Interpretation
- Certified Basic Training in the Care of the Cardiovascular Surgical Patient
- Certified in the use and general function of a balloon pump
- Served on the “Core Measures” committee at Northern Nevada Medical Center. While serving, NNMC improved its core measure compliance by over 30%, based on the ideas and programs rolled out by him and his fellow committee members.
- Arlo was elected by fellow students to the Admission, Progression, Student Affairs committee, and served for four semesters. This committee reviews student appeals in regards to the school of nursing. Such items include, but are not limited to, admittance, resume education after missed time, requests to exempt classes from the requirements, and so on.
- Volunteer for the Orvis Nursing Clinic’s immunization day, giving immunizations to patients ranging in age 6 months to 81 years old.
- Nominated for a Northern Nevada Nurses of Achievement Award in Critical Care 2/2012 and 2/2013.
- Nominated for Employee of the Year 12/2011 at Northern Nevada Medical Center.
- Given the “Silver Star” Employee of the Quarter at Northern Nevada Medical Center 3/2011.
- Voted to receive “US Air Force Outstanding Student Salute Award” by fellow nursing students 12/2008.
- Won the Nevada State High School Photography Competition in 1999, placing 5th nationally.
Anetta Adams, APRN
Anetta Adams received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Nevada, Reno, (UNR) in 2004. She later went on to receive her Master of Science Degree in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner in 2007, also from UNR. Anetta began her nursing career as a registered nurse working on the medical surgical unit at Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center before moving on to the surgery department also at Saint Mary’s.
Additional medical experiences include inpatient acute care, orthopedics fracture care and trauma.
As a Nurse Practitioner, Anetta started her career in pain management with Dr. Zollinger. After this, she moved to Oregon for five years, where she also practiced pain management.
Anetta returned to Northern Nevada because this truly is home for her. She joined Sweetwater Pain and Spine in 2019. She strives to improve our patients’ quality of life by finding the root of their pain problem and by managing their pain symptoms via a multidisciplinary approach.
In her spare time, Anetta loves spending time with her family, being outdoors and traveling.
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nurse of the Operating Room
- RN First Assist
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association
- Certified in Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association